Robin (class of 2015) put together a really nice list of references for a plant clinic client who is interested in planting as much native as possible on her 1 acre lot:
- Drought Tolerant Landscaping for WA State: http://cru.cahe.wsu.edu/
- Gardening in WA: http://gardening.wsu.edu/
- Robson, KA, Richter, A., and M Filbert. 2011. Encyclopedia of Northwest Native Plants for Gardens and Landscapes. Timber Press.
- Rose, R, Chachulski, CEC, and DL Haase. 1998. Propagation of Pacific Northwest Native Plants. Oregon State Univ Press.
- WA Native Plant Society http://www.wnps.org/ [
Check this site out to find plant lists, native plant nurseries, workshops etc]
- Jefferson County Conservation District http://www.
jeffersoncd.org/what/annual- tree-sale/ [for the annual native plant sale]
- Jefferson County Weed Control Call Malloree Weinheimer at 360.379.5610 x209 [for the native plant seed project]
- Pojar and Mackinnon 1994 Plants of the Pacific Northwest Coast. Lone Pine.
- Turner and Gustafson 2006 Wildflowers of the Pacific Northwest. Timber Press.
- Turner and Kuhlmann 2014 Trees and Shrubs of the Pacific Northwest. Timber Press.